Happy June! I can’t believe we are already halfway through the year! June is my favorite month, not only because it’s my birthday month, but because we can finally enjoy the warm weather including outdoor and pool time! I hope you’ve been able to enjoy time together with those you hold dear. Although, not unlike our industry, I am entering this month with a bit of uncertainty, but also hope.
I continue to keep a positive attitude, but I also carry the weight of this organization and not naive that it has been an extremely difficult time for our industry and specifically, our members. We all wish for normalcy again. We are ready to transition back into the office, and our attractions and businesses can begin to reopen. There isn’t a doubt that when we are allowed to return, we will be ready. It may look and feel different, but we will adjust quickly to the “new normal.”
I would like you to answer the following questions, and please send me your responses individually.
- How have you used this time to grow?
- What innovative solutions have you thought about that will aid in the recovery of our industry?
I want to thank everyone for attending the Zoom Happy Hour last month. It was great to see everyone, laugh a bit, and catch up since our last meeting in January.
SLAA Board Members and I are excited to plan the rest of the year of meetings and will keep you informed of what they entail along the way.
Here are some additional resources:
- Resources from Explore St. Louis
- Take it Home STL – a guide to restaurants offering curbside and delivery services.
- Virtual St. Louis – We all can’t wait to get back to our favorite St. Louis attractions. Until then, visit them virtually! If you would like to add your attraction, please email Jen Hollenkamp at email@example.com.